Login
Login

ArtifactDescriptorException: Failed to read artifact descriptor for

Home 21090308 Forums ArtifactDescriptorException: Failed to read artifact descriptor for

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    changmin

Hello,

I have problem installing the algoquant. I followed the instructions to import Maven project from you. However, I have encountered the following errors.

Please advice
    Thank you
    Leo

haksunli
    Keymaster

Hi,

Could you try these suggestions?

mvn -U clean install
    Or, you may need to configure Maven in your IDE.

Delete your repository folders, .m2/repository

If you are doing this in a corporation, it may due to the firewall. Can you try in another environment where there is no firewall?

Thanks.

changmin

Dear Dr Li,

I pretty new to Eclipse
    mvn -U clean install
    Or, you may need to configure Maven in your IDE.
    >> I cant find the U clean install for maven. However, when I right click the algoquant-0.8.0, algoquant-core and algoquant-demo under the package explorer, select run as> 3 Maven clean. I still see the red cross beside the above mentioned folder.
    Delete your repository folders, .m2/repository
    >> yes. I have deleted everything in that folder
    If you are doing this in a corporation, it may due to the firewall. Can you try in another environment where there is no firewall?
    >> I am using my laptop. No firewall.

Please advice
    Thank you
    Leo

haksunli
    Keymaster

It is the “-U” that matters. “-U” forces a check for updated releases and snapshots on remote repositories.

If you have the m2e plugin, then you can use Maven -> “Update Project…”. The next dialog will have an option to force updates of snapshots and releases.

changmin

Dear Dr Li,

I manage to remove the red cross for algoquant-0.8.0 by right-click on it, Maven>update and select force update of snapshots/releases. However, I repeat this procedure for algoquant-demo and algoquant-core but it has no effect. The red cross are still beside it.

So is the algoquant successfully installed?

I tried to run example, signal>crossover>demo>DemoSMA2_010.java, it is not working. Error message ” The selection cannot be launched, and there are no recent launch.

Thank you for your help
    Leo

changmin

Dear Dr Li,

After reinstalling and multiple Maven clean/update project, I manage to reach the screenshoot of 1.png. I also attached a file, error1.txt under the Problems menu. Is there a better way to run a full diagnostic on your program?

Thank you
    Leo

changmin

Its solved. I can simulate.

Thanks
    Leo

haksunli
    Keymaster

Glad it works.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.