Login
Login

ARIMA forecast

Home 21090308 Forums Numerical Method Statistics ARIMA forecast

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have an eqully spaced N-length time series and i wanna estimate N+1. value by fitting an ARIMA model. I’ve used the code recommended by ryu. I’ve fitted a model but i only have ARMA model parameters and i don’t know how to estimate the next term. I’m new with Suanshu and any help or advise will be appreciated.

SimpleTimeSeries ts = new SimpleTimeSeries(new double[]{0.1, 0.2, 0.3});
    ConditionalSumOfSquares instance = new ConditionalSumOfSquares(ts, 1, 1, 1);
    ARMAModel model = instance.getFittedARMA();

Thanks for previous responses, they helped me a lot. I’ve used ConditionalSumOfSquares for fitting an ARIMA model and utilized ARMAForecastOneStep for forecasting. Now, i need to know the complexity (O(N) etc) of modelling and forecast operations. I can guess about the forecasting phase but i have no idea how ConditionalSumOfSquares.getARMA model works and what’s the complexity? The complexity or any information (about how it works) to calculate the complexity of model fitting is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ryu

[tt:25kje8dt]ConditionalSumOfSquares[/tt:25kje8dt] does an MLE.

Do you know how the error of ARIMA model is computed? What is the equation of model error?

Ryu

The residuals are the difference between the observed and fitted values.

dayyoung0324

Is it possible to share the example jave file, LinearTimeSeries.java, again? (http://numericalmethod.com/trac/numericalmethod/browser/public/Examples/src/com/numericalmethod/suanshu/examples/LinearTimeSeries.java) Previous shared examples look like being removed.

Ryu
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.