Login
Login

Re: Introduction to Algorithmic Trading Strategies 2013 @ HKUST

Home 21090308 Forums Applications Trading Strategies (Algo Quant) Introduction to Algorithmic Trading Strategies 2013 @ HKUST Re: Introduction to Algorithmic Trading Strategies 2013 @ HKUST

mariusz7f

Thank you for offering this interesting and useful course.

Firstly, the course is very useful, including the lab session. In the lab session, though I often cannot understand the code very well because I did not learn more about JAVA. I still can get some feeling about how the model works in real world, and I think this is very useful for us and it is the key point for learning algorithmic trading strategies.

Secondly, I can understand why you give us so many open and difficult questions in homework. We often just learn some knowledge from the book, and just like you said, we need to look at what happens in the world now.

Lastly, the project is a big challenge for me. We need to read some other references and ask some doctors to understand the paper well. But I really learn something from the project. By the way, thank Boris.

PS: I hope to have an easy exam and if it is possible, in the future course, you can teach little about math in the lecture, just put them on the lecture notes for self-study.

Zhu Liyuan