Login
Login

Re: Introduction to Algorithmic Trading Strategies 2013 @ HKUST

Home 21090308 Forums Applications Trading Strategies (Algo Quant) Introduction to Algorithmic Trading Strategies 2013 @ HKUST Re: Introduction to Algorithmic Trading Strategies 2013 @ HKUST

walqy222

For those who are interested in getting into the field of quantitative finance, I highly recommend them to take this course. Unlike most courses I took before, Dr Li has shown the “trader perspective” as the motivation before diving into the theoretical details underpinning each strategy.  The part I like the most is the lab session, which is a follow-up class after each chapter of lecture.  The setup of the lab really gives student the “hands-on” experience in actually doing the “trial-and-error” experiment in tweaking the model and testing our own understanding of each strategy.  As a side note, the lab session may be a bit challenging for those with less exposure in programming and Java.  But, no pain no gain, I think, after rolling up our sleeves and getting our hands dirty in taking things apart, we can have a firm understanding of the limit and strength of each strategy.

And thanks Dr Li for offering this course. 🙂